- Put on a big pot of water to boil.
- Rinse kale.
- Tear into 2 inch strips or manageable sizes.
- Place the cut kale in boiling water and boil for 3 minutes.
- Take kale out of pot with tongs, and place in a colander.
- Rinse hot kale with cold water.
- Drain any excess water off greens.
- Place into freezer bags, labeled with date and type of greens.
- Press any excess air out of bag and freeze.
Baked Kale Chips (kale, collards, chard, turnip greens or spinach):
About 1 bunch (6 ounces) of greens
1 tablespoon olive oil
Sea salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Rinse and dry the greens and remove the stems.
- Cut into large pieces, toss with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Arrange leaves in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until crisp. Place baking sheet on a rack to cool.
- Store in plastic bags in the fridge...if they last!