It features coconut sugar, a mild and wonderful alternative sweetener. It is a perfect 1 to 1 substitute for any recipe that calls for cane or beet sugar. Unrefined and unbleached, coconut sugar maintains its beneficial vitamins and minerals. It is rich in amino acids, offering more potassium, magnesium and iron than processed sugar.
Substitute raisins for almonds and dried apricots, fruit-sweetened raspberry jam, or orange zest and walnuts.
- Preheat oven to 350degrees.
- Place the coconut oil, sugar in a bowl and stir until well combined
- Add flaxseed, vanilla extract and stir for another minute until smooth.
- Add rest of ingredients and stir.
- Place dough mixture in fridge or freezer for 10 mins.
- Using an ice-cream scooper, scoop out dough and press each cookie on silpat or parchment paper lined baking pan
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown
- Cool at least 7 mins and enjoy!