- To strengthen digestion - 1 granny smith apple, 2 carrots, 1 beet
- To support the liver - beet greens, 1 beet, 3 stalks celery, 2 inches fresh ginger root
- To cleanse the blood - 1 beet, 2 carrots, 1 granny smith apple, 2 handfuls fresh parsley
If you like, you can take the leftover pulp and bake it into bread or savory muffins!
2 cups pulp
1 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
Bake at 350 degrees in an oiled pan for 35 minutes.
Spread with tahini, lemon and olive oil for a delicious spring breakfast!
- alcohol, caffeine, carbonated beverages
- meat: white fish is ok once during the week if it helps you meet your protein needs
- cheese, cream, ice cream: choose avocados, coconut milk, roasted root vegetables, baked apples
- popcorn, crackers, cookies
- products containing sorbitol or xylitol (sugar-free gum and candies)
- refined sugar: choose raw honey or maple syrup
- gluten and processed grains like pasta/bread: choose spring grains like quinoa, amaranth, buckwheat, and millet